New Project: Accessing my Org-roam notes everywhere
100DaysToOffloadCurrently my information storage “strategy” is a disaster. I have four (at least I think so, maybe even more) places where I write down information: A single org file called notes.org which is synchronized across my devices (including mobile) using Syncthing. This contains 14 first-level Org headings and apparently 617 headings in total. A Org-roam directory which is also synchronized across all devices using Syncthing. Currently it contains 266 notes.
Improving my new blog post creation
100DaysToOffloadIn my last post I wrote that it is currently quite cumbersome for me to start writing a new blog post. There are mainly two reasons for that. The first is opening the file. While this sounds quite unimpressive it does not make fun to navigate three directories from my home until I can open it. At least not if you can avoid it. The more annoying part is that I need to define the complete structure and metadata information by myself.
How this post is brought to you…
100DaysToOffloadThe #100DaysToOffload challenge starts very well. I’m sitting here at my desk with the to-do in front of me to write post number two. And I have absolutely no idea what to write! Well, there are some topics I want to cover on the blog during the next months and the can be part of the #100DaysToOffload but I currently don’t know where to start. So what’s left then to tell you, dear reader, is how this blog post is brought to you and thereby also include a few hints about what I will write during the next months!
Automatic UUID creation in some Org-mode files
pimI am currently exploring the option in Org mode to export a file (or some entries) to an ics-file which I can then in turn import into my calendar. For reliably creating (and most importantly: updating) entries it is necessary that each one has an unique ID. To create a ID for the current entry I could just run M-x org-id-get-create and for an entire file execute the following Emacs Lisp (org-map-entries 'org-id-get-create).
Switching my Website to Hugo using ox-hugo
webTo be honest: my website was always more or less just a large playground for me. It started around 2013 when I created my second website (I had a website before, ~2006/2008, I don’t know correctly). Back then I put very much time in designing the thing. In 2014 I taught myself to code and in early 2015 I even wrote a PHP blogging engine called Rangitaki (i have archived it some time ago).